File sharing is important to most businesses and the Copy service, offered by Barracuda Networks, provides an easy and affordable option with a high level of data protection. Copy works on most platforms including Android, IOS, MacOS, Windows and Linux and the free software can be downloaded to computers and mobile devices. Files can be shared as “view only” or with the ability to sync and edit. Users can upload text, audio and video files with no size limitations. Copy offers users 15 GB of storage for free for up to five personal accounts. The price for additional storage is competitive but Copy ensures that users get the most out of the storage tier that they buy by charging for data that is stored only one time. The company’s pricing structure, which they call “fair storage”, allows the cost of shared folders to be split so that customers don’t pay for the same file storage space for each user who has access to it. For example, a 20 GB folder that is shared by 4 people would be charged at 5 GB per person, rather than 20 GB each. Some file sharing services charge the space for one file for every user who has access to it, so customers must buy more storage.
How to Share Files using Copy:
1. Log in to login.barracuda.com, and select the associated Barracuda Backup Server in the left pane.
2. Click Restore, navigate to the file or directory you want to share, and click Share:
3. The selected folder displays in the Allow access to field.
4. Enter your copy.com credentials, and add the email address of the user(s) with whom to share the selected content:
5. Click Share, and then click OK.
6. An email is sent to the specified user(s) with a link to the shared data on copy.com.
Because TBNG Consulting is in the business of providing security, networking and storage solutions, we integrate Barracuda appliances into our solution sets to solve a wide array of security concerns. Copy is a convenient cloud file sharing solution that is protected with multiple layers of encryption allowing the user control over who has access to stored data through program features including secure sharing, source validation, and identity verification.