We are seeking a highly motivated, best-in-class Systems Engineer II to join our growing team at TBNG.
In order to provide outstanding service to clients, the individual must possess advanced knowledge in at least three of the following areas; network, storage, virtualization, compute (OS), wireless and security, to include design, installation, integration, operation, and administration of various hardware devices including servers, firewalls, storage platforms, routers, switches, and network-interconnection devices. Duties require knowledge and background experience in networks and datacenter infrastructure which support data, voice, and video. The person we are looking for must have excellent troubleshooting skills using a variety tools to identify and remediate network issues.
TBNG is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Barracuda, Fortinet, Dell, Cisco, Ruckus, Datto, Comodo and more.
What You'll Do:
As a Systems Engineer II, you will contribute your technical know-how to manage projects for implementing new information systems and ensure proper operations and maintenance of assigned existing systems. This role will allow you to apply your passion for problem solving and consult clients on creating and executing IT solutions.
Your day-to-day duties will focus on:
- Being an escalation point for service desk tickets, as well as managing your time to complete project tasks under tight deadlines.
- Research, evaluate and stay ahead of emerging tools, techniques and technologies in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ever-changing environment.
- Identify, develop, update and implement standards and procedures.
- Escalating client concerns and sales opportunities to operations for consideration
Who You Are:
- You have a deep understanding of the latest approaches to the creation, evolution and distribution of networking and/or datacenter design, implementation and troubleshooting.
- You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same.
- You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions.
- You are a good communicator with the capability to anticipate the needs of partners.
- You should have extensive knowledge of layers 1-4 of the OSI model and how that relates to implementation and support of network and datacenter technologies.
- You are knowledgeable of enterprise firewall management, to include VPN and how to effectively create security policies based on addressing, users, applications and services.
- You understand risk-oriented cyber security practices.
- You know how to implement QoS on switches, routers and firewalls.
- You are knowledgeable about Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange design, implementation and troubleshooting, and can demonstrate proficiency in day-to-day administration of these systems.
- You support user experience with high availability solutions such as clustering, data replication, dynamic resource allocation and related procedures.
- You have experience in designing, managing and troubleshooting SANs.
- You have a working technical knowledge of current enterprise computer platforms and their implementation and administration in a highly virtualized infrastructure.
- You perform advanced CLI troubleshooting and packet capture analysis.
- You understand large scale desktop deployment strategies using tools such as WDS.
- You create and maintain thorough documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
- You recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in a fast-paced service desk and/or integrator role
- Technology related degree or equivalent experience
- Ruckus or Cisco certifications
- VMware Certified Professional
- Experience with Fortigate products is a plus
NOTE: Travel for this position is limited mostly to Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
TBNG offers a very competitive benefit package, including medical and dental coverage. Other benefits include a 401(k) Plan, Short term disability, which typically includes a discretionary match and a paid time-off policy. Our firm pays for you to stay connected by providing Smartphones to all engineers with a paid service plan as well as a company laptop. A fleet of TBNG vehicles is at your disposal for on-site client visits. You will have exposure to state-of the-art technology. Employees on our team work hard, support each other, are given opportunities to grow, and are generously compensated for their individual and team contributions.
TBNG Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We use E-Verify® to electronically verify employment eligibility of new hires.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.