We are seeking experienced, motivated and qualified individual to join its Engineering team in the position of Network Technician. Salary range is commensurate with experience and certifications.
TBNG is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Barracuda, Fortinet, Dell, Cisco, Ruckus, Datto, Comodo and more.
The position will be afforded wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making, the role will include, but is not limited to the following:
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field
- 2+ year’s of demonstrable experience in a helpdesk support role with exposure to Network infrastructure systems, applications, and related technologies
- Current, relative industry technical certifications and continuing education (i.e. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, Fortinet, etc.)
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form
- Strong customer service skills
- CompTIA A+ & CompTIA Network+ Certifications a MUST
- Must be a self-starter that is reliable, punctual, and consistent with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels
- Provide Troubleshooting and problem solving for end-user, network and application issues
- Strong technical engineering skills are preferred
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory (AD), Linux platforms, VMware and related technologies
- MCSA or MCSE related certifications a PLUS
- Basic knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of enterprise class firewall management. Applicant should understand how to manage and support security policies based off of addressing, users, applications, and services
- Basic knowledge of ipsec tunnels for site-to-site tunnels, SSL VPN, and other remote connectivity systems
- Basic understanding of risk-oriented cyber security practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Experience with large scale desktop deployment strategies using tools such as WDS
- Experience with PowerShell and Batch commands a PLUS
- Microsoft AZURE and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience and certifications a PLUS
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and ever-changing environment
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal team and external customers and contacts
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way: 100 % accountability | 0 excuses.
**Please do not contact us unless you have at least 2 years of help desk experience**
NOTE: Travel for this position is limited mostly to Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
TBNG Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We use E-Verify® to electronically verify employment eligibility of new hires.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.