As a project coordinator, you will contribute your ability to organize, problem solve and coordinate to manage the delivery of projects for our customers. Projects range from implementation of new information systems to internal strategic initiatives. This role will allow you to apply your passion for problem solving and client consultation with regard to creating and executing on IT solutions. As part of a growing team, the project coordinator will provide hands-on leadership for all IT project processes from specifications, planning and initiation through execution and project close including vendor management, resource scheduling communication with stakeholders and knowledge transfer.
Our team is looking for someone with the right vision, skills, and know-how to face the biggest challenges and ensure projects are completed successfully, as well as within budget and schedule. Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in project coordination/management.
TBNG is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Barracuda, Fortinet, Dell, Cisco, Ruckus, Datto, Comodo and more.
The position will be afforded wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making, the role will include, but is not limited to the following:
Who You Are:
- You can create a clear and concise plan to both execute the project and monitor its progress and know how to make adjustments along the way as needed before the project reaches its final stages
- You balance the customer requirements with the company’s goals. You develop clear, straightforward plans steer your teams down a clear path to the final goal
- You know how to set realistic deadlines, and how to communicate them consistently to their teams. Meeting deadlines is non-negotiable
- You know how to effectively do the following:
- Define activity
- Sequence activity
- Estimate the duration of activity
- Develop a schedule
- Maintain a schedule
- You can keep a project within its set budget, frequently reviewing the budget and plan ahead to avoid budget overruns. You know that even if a project meets a client’s expectations and is delivered on time, it will still be a failure if it goes over-budget.
- You will minimize uncertainty, avoid any unwanted surprises and involve the customer in the project as much as is reasonably possible.
- You can maintain effective communication and keep customers up-to-date.
- You can monitor and analyze both expenditures and team performance to always efficiently take corrective measures.
- You can present comprehensive reports documenting that all project requirements were fulfilled, as well as the projects’ history, including what was done, who was involved, and what could be done better in the future.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate resources with Service Delivery Manager and assignment of lead project engineer
- Report to Director of Professional Services
- Capture estimated project hours from Project BOM into Autotask. Applies hours to sub-tasks within projects
- Interface with design and presales process
- Participate in review and approval process
- Identify dependencies and risks associated with project deployment
- Identify and coordinate internal and client deliverables: net diagram, backup configs, knowledge transfer, IT Glue updates, completion certificate etc.
- Internal: Handoff to onboarding or MSP Team
- Scheduling and Client interface via Project Kickoff meetings/calls
- Responsible for all project scheduling
- Make sure required materials are ready or on-site
- Facilitate regular updates to project tasks within Autotask – includes updates to project plan, expected completion date status, weekly, quarterly, yearly reporting, resource time sheets, task adds/changes, and project closure
- Communicate project status updates as necessary to key stakeholders
- Coordinate Post Project Review for project team members/clients to review sampling of project success/failures (e.g. after-action reporting)
- Correspond with client on project matters
- Provides knowledge transfer from project completion to service team
- Create a monthly overview of resource utilization report and project win/loss
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. You take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way: 100 % accountability | 0 excuses.
**Please do not contact us unless you have at least 2 years of help desk experience**
NOTE: Travel for this position is limited mostly to Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
TBNG Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We use E-Verify® to electronically verify employment eligibility of new hires.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.